Royersford and Limerick
It was named for the hometown of early settler William Evans, whose family arrived in the area from Limerick, Ireland in 1698. The township is mentioned in Philadelphia court records in the 1710s, but was not formally established of record until March Sessions 1726. Royersford, Pennsylvania was created from its southeastern corner in 1879. Limerick Township is a member of the Spring-Ford Area School District. The township has grown from an 1990 population of only 6,600 to 18,074 (2010 census).
The William and Mordecai Evans House and Isaac Hunsberger House are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Our Broker, Donna Godfrey, was the listing agent in the most recent transfer of the property in 2016.
Royersford is a town that drew its name from the location of a ford across the Schuylkill River, which happened to be adjacent to land owned by the Royer family. Early in the twentieth century, it had several stove factories, two glass and bottle works, hosiery and silk mills, a dye and bleaching plant, manufactories of bricks, gas meters, stockings, shirts, shafting parts, wagons, agricultural implements, etc. The population stood at 2,607 people in 1900, and at 3,073 in 1910. The population was 4,752 at the 2010 census. The borough was formed from the southeastern corner of Limerick Township in 1879. Royersford Borough is a member of the Spring-Ford Area School District.